Thursday, July 06, 2006

It's warm today!

So what’s been up with me? Nothing much at the moment except that I’ve been such a lazy cow (again) and all I ever wanted to do when I got home from work was eat and sleep – that’s it, that’s all there’s to it…

Last night, the in-laws came over to ours for a surprise visit. As usual, James was in Leicester leaving me all by myself (boo hoo) and won’t be home till Friday afternoon so they said that since they were down in Halifax, they thought of popping by just to see how I was doing. Awwww… That’s so sweet! We chatted, drank tea, ate biscuits and decided to go out for dinner. It’s pretty awkward just being with both of them without James but I survived, I did! We went to this meditterranien (not sure how it’s spelled) restaurant which was really cosy and very secluded. Food was excellent, the orange juice was nice, the company was good and the ambience was just perfecto! What more can you ask for eh? But when I got home, my tummy starts churning and making funny noises. I think I over indulged myself with the mushrooms and potatoes. I had grilled salmon which was nicely soaked with this very delicious sauce mixed of red & green peppers, tomatoes, chillies, garlic and herbs and there was just a pool of sauces on the plate and it was gorgeous! I had a great time though there were times that conversations among the in-laws were limited. We would sat in silence for like 2 minutes and there I was trying to think of what to say. But eventually we got there… We enjoyed our food and the company – per se! Hee hee!

Overall, so far Alhamdulillah, the pregnancy seems to be going on okay though there were times that I got worried here and there but after some reassurance from experts, I calmed down just a bit and am taking things as easy as possible… Pains & aches here and there seems to be a norm thing, so, I will try not to worry too much. Being sick, throwing up is part and parcel of being pregnant I suppose as I’m getting it more and more every morning, afternoon and sometimes at night. Mega sensitive to smells for it will easily set me off! Gosh, terrible feeling but still, am enjoying it every minute and every second even the throwing up part… Seems also that I’ve gained few pounds but not massively though. I tried to eat as healthy as possible though sometimes I end up eating junk! Hee hee! Too lazy to have a proper meal especially since I’m all alone and only cooked for 1 person…

Am eating baby tomatoes, carrots, fruits (if possible) and try drinking loads of water. I’m not a mega fan of water, but I just have to drink like 1 litre of it every day just to quench my thirst. I sneakily did drink fizzy drink now and again but hey, when I read up the pregnancy book, it did mentioned one of the tips to avoid nausea was to drink fizzy drink… So, there you go! You can’t argue with expert can you! Yah, yah… just an excuse but I don’t go overboard with it though…


Hmmm… Feeling peckish now. Gonna hunt for food in the pantry now!

2 comments:

Ely said...

you sound well to me! if given a choice, i really didnt want to go thru the 1st 3 mths again...but the nausea will go away in a few weeks...just hang in there!

SimplyMas said...

Thanks Ely! Strangely yesterday I was fine! No throwing up in the morning. Had conrflakes so maybe that helps!!! Hope you're having a great time in Singapore!!!