Monday, March 06, 2006

Snow Again on Friday!

This question will give the impression of me being so dim-witted but I need to know… How in the world do you change the background on the blog? I mean, if I wanna choose a different pattern or even different background colour, how in the world do I do it? Could someone please show me the path? I’m sure to do it is nothing major but, well, I’m just a bit…. Uhhh what do you call it? Daft? Okay, help me out please?

Weekend macam mana? Okay semua? It’s been snowing here over the weekend and to go out is like a major chore for me and even James. It’s cold out there! I don’t want to freeze my butt off when I go outside but then again I don’t want to be coop up at home doing bugger all so, better out than in! Sounds dodgy!

James have to work on Saturday but thank God it’s only for few hours. Picked him up from work, dropped him off at home and I sped off to town. Got to be at the bank before 12pm since it’s Saturday and it’s half day for them.


Looked at my watch and I have only about half an hour to go before closing time. Traffic wasn’t that bad, that was good. Now, to park… Something that I have been dreading the most but then again if I don’t do it, I won’t be able to park would I? Drive around the lot and found myself a spot. Now, to reverse park or not? Oh! To hell with it, it’s either now or never! I did it! For the first time in my not so adventourous, not so exciting life, the one thing that I dread doing most, I did it with confidence and with professionalism…. Ha ha ha! Though I’ve got to ‘adjust’ here and there few times, but heck, I did it! I reverse into the parking spot and am damn proud of it and the great thing was, I did it all on my own without having James distracting me and confusing me and judging me and criticising about it and … oh, no more already… Got carried away a bit.

I’ve got all my documents that they required and requested with me, and soon as I got to the bank, the teller says,


“We need your OTHER bank account statements in order for us to process with you application.”

With confusion I say, “But when I was here last week, one of the teller told me that all I need to bring is my Counterpart Driving Form and now you’re telling me that I need to bring my other bank statements?”

Smiling she says, “I’m sorry, but since you have no utility bills under your name, it’s difficult for us to process. I tell you what, I’ll photocopy your Driving Licence, Counterpart and passport and I’ll pass it to the people at the Head Office and we’ll see from there, okay?”

My head says, “You better, b$%*@! So bloody difficult to open a bloody account! Hey I’m putting my money in your bank okay, not the other way round so, if you try to make it more difficult, then I'll show you hell!”

But what I actually say, “Right, okay then… So, anymore information that you need from me?”

“No, no, it’s all okay. You’ll hear from us in the next 5 working days. Thank you and see you later.”

“Yah, whatever lah! Susahkan kita ajer!”

After that, I decided to treat myself and bought some makeup kits and moisturiser and other wonderful stuff that brings me to a total of £43. Gulp! Didn’t I check how much they all costs? Well, apparently not! I was dismayed to see the grand total, but it’s all been scanned so got to pay for those blasted things!


Not to forget I bought myself 2 books, one from the author Tash Aw and the other – yet to remember the author. Will let you know. And not forgetting also, also, also for my darling James his ever so favourite sports magazine, the Autosport - F1 Race interviews and what nots... All about the Formula One... (I'm still waiting to be taken to any F1 Races and I'm getting sick of waiting!)

I got back home in time as Andy & Lucy will be picking us up at 1pm to meet up with the parents.

When we got to the barn, only Daddio was at home as mummio were at downtown. I must say, I could be such a cheeky monkey when I can be sometimes especially towards my father in law. I can be so sarcastic when I talked to him but of course it’s all in jest, nothing too serious! I like him; he’s a very nice man and both he and my mother in law have helped me and James out a lot even before we got married! He paid for my Spouse Visa that cost me upto S$500 and he always pay for my flight ticket whenever I visit James in the UK when we were only engaged… They’re so kind to my family as well and we all get along so well…

Anyway, the meeting? Well, it was very positive and beneficial for both brothers. My FIL were talking about bonuses and all and I asked him, “What about spouse bonus? Do you have one of those?” Of course I was just messing about. Heck, there’s no such thing – or is there?
Anyway, after saying that, Lucy offered herself to work with them as a secretary if they do decide to have another office in Skipton or Keighley. I wanted to bring myself forward but then I just kept quiet about it. I would love to work with his dad and James and Andy as a secretary and I’m sure the money would be great and also I don’t have to do odd jobs anymore like what I'm doing now in this company… Well, we’ll see… It might be difficult if they have to choose between me and her… I mean, if they took me on board, I don’t think she will be pleased about it knowing her. But for me on the other hand, it doesn’t really matter if she get the position – Malay say dah rezeki dia kan? Maybe I should send him my resume for reference eh? Just in case kalau-kalau dia memerlukan seorang secretary/PA yang cekap dan berpengalaman! Sneaky isn't it? Hee hee!

Kalau ada rezeki tak ke mana… If I’m meant to work there, Alhamdulillah, kalau tak pun, tak kisah lah… Ini semua kan rezeki masing-masing! Tapi kalau dapat kerja kat situ pun best jugak – family affair lah katakan! Sama-samalah kita berdoa yer?

Or maybe I am meant to work in this company that I’m in right now for the rest of my life… Seraaaam!!!

Bukak business sendiri lagi bagus eh?

13 comments:

Yara said...

Mas, I'm no expert about blogs too coz I just started last Nov with Hartini's guidance. All I know is that to change the design and colour, you have to go to your Template and then make the necessary changes to the background, colour, etc.Like I say, very basic knowledge. Explains why I have not made drastic changes to my blog.
I have no problem reverse parking but for parallel parking, I always end up having to adjust a few times before I can get the car perfectly parked in the lot. Don't know how I managed to do it during the driving test without any hitch.

bunkerangs said...

hello mas..benn awhile..hehe...for some reason i selalu ter -bilis this blog lah..i selalu gi multiply nyer site. anyway, been reading all your recent posts and have to say, things are perkingup for you eh?..hopefully you will get the job with your FIL..you know, sometimes, you never know..but orang tua2 ni kan they have like 6th sense lah to know if this person is a good person or not kan :) and i am sure he will see that you are the better candidate for the secretarial job :)

as for growing up not pretty..samalah..i was chunky..have always been and will always be..hahaha...pipi i macam apple :) badan pulak cam tree trunk..ni lah what my bro described me when i was growing up..but i think it works for the better in my case sebab i concentrate on other areas..ye lah..kau ajuk aku kan..ah amik ni..my report card always makes my dad proud..hahaha...anyway, my hub and i really wishing that we are somewhere in europe right now holidaying...*sigh*..you have a good day :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Mas! Good luck with the job search - hope u get that one :) Then u can fly home more often :)

As for the background, best u just change the template at blogspot. Otherwise, u have to go thru the codes and look for "bg" or "background" then type in the new url of the background. But I think u've made the changes? I just see a new image at the top... nice one :)

Ely said...

good luck on looking for a job MJ!

nak tukar background? you must have patience to do so. if u have yahoo...add me, am at mayelly1 and we could 'chat' about it ok.

madnessinvain said...

Hello Mami, how are you dearie?

Heading to the land of Temasek soon i reckon?

I pray that you will get the job you always dreamed of. Amen.

Anonymous said...

MamiJ...I did commented here earlier...mayb it got lost somewhre in the cyber.

By the way...I received ur email and thnkQ for your thoughts for counting me in.

Hope can see u soon.

Regards.

SimplyMas said...

Yaslam: Thanks anyway! I think I'll just stick to what I've got at the moment. Hee! Hee! I think I can never get over the parking thingy!

Bunkerangs: Don't worry about it! Alhamdulillah, so far so good! Rezekilah katakan! I'm just glad that everything work out fine for James! Both of us have cute pipis that's for sure!!! :D

Hartini: Thanks dearie! You are right! I'm just gonna stick to this one and maybe when I have time probably I'll sit down and sort it all out! Thanks Dearie!!!

Ely: I've added you and looking forward chatting with you! Thanks for the well wishes!

MIV: I'm really fine thanks! weather here just sucks a bit - well, nothing new on that part! Yap! Can't wait to get back home and just chill and enjoy the sun! Thanks dearie!

PRINCE: You're welcome! Hope to see you too!!!! :D

SimplyMas said...

Thank you for the compliment Mona! Don't worry about it! Tandang jugak you! he he!

Kak Teh said...

mami, insyaallah kalau ada rezki!! anyway, just tolet you know in may ada food festival di london and in july - another london malay festival ...buat plan cepat kalau nak datang.

SimplyMas said...

Thank you kak Teh for that info! Will definetely write it in my diary! I think I will go to the London Malay festival in July! Will you be able to let me know the exact date or can I get this info anywhere else? Think will bring my MIL sekali as I mention it to her before and dia pun nak ikut sekali!

NANI SHAHABUDIN said...

salam mami jarum. thanks for dropping by my blog. Wish you good luck.

Prince Romp said...

Mas...New entry please...
halooo...r u still there?

Anonymous said...

yeah, business sendiri will be a lot better. why not check out this website to see if you would like to take this opportunity www.telecomplus.org.uk/940434 and if ada masa, baca rich dad, poor dad :)