Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Another One?


It’s James 27th birthday tomorrow and what I’m getting him for a gift is no longer a surprise. Why? Well, since I paid that thing using my Switch card and bought it over the internet from Play.com, it shows in our bank statement what’s been bought and from where and how much.

Gosh! Is there no privacy anymore?! That’s why I want so much to open my own account but since I don’t have my driving licence nor my passport with me at the moment (still with the Immigration for my Visa), there’s no chance at all I can open a new account. I apply for a credit card from my bank recently but since I have no credit history they rejected me and so I’m credit card-less. Not that I need it anyway but I find it very convenient especially if I want to purchase things over the net and not only in the UK but also in the US or Singapore or anywhere in the world. On the other hand, it’s a good thing also coz I’m not reliable when it comes to Credit Card. I’m afraid that I might over spend or do something foolish with it so it’s better not to have that ever evil Credit Card.

“It’s just another birthday,” is what he says when I asked about how we should celebrate it. “I don’t really care to be honest.” Hmmm… If that’s how you feel lovey, then should I care too?


Of course I will! I’ll still cook that special meal for him – birthday meal, though it’s gotta be done after I come back from the Conley class. I wanna miss the class but he insist that I go – you pay for it so you got to go – well that’s what he says!

I think this time I kinda bought too many presents him! Compulsive buyer they say! Just can’t get enough purchasing stuff for him! I don’t dare to look at the bank statement – afraid that what I see might give me a heart attack but I know that I overspent. Will have time to recuperate – let’s hope so!


And Thursday, we’ll be going to a Chinese Restaurant with the Ma & Pa and Brother-in-law & fiancé in Keighley. Will definitely have vegetarian coz that’s all that I’m allowed!

Hope it will be a nice one!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY DARLING DEAREST


5 comments:

Ely said...

Happy Birthday James!!! wish i was 27 again :(

MJ, you're like me, shared account, no surprises. unless u use cash to buy the gift, he will know how much u took out but not where u bought his stuff.

Skater Girl said...

Mamijarum,
When you apply at your bank ask for pocket check with visa logo so you can use that. It works the same as the credit card but you tak bayar the high APR and your don't get credit card line just your normal account line. Just my thoughts. ;)

Yara said...

So James share the same birthday month as me MJ. We January babies are like that...we said we don't care about our birthdays but deep inside we really hope that people will notice..heh..heh...heh. :D

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day to your hubby, MJ!

Psst! Hey some tips from me for those married and living overseas.

1) Try not to have shared account. If you do, have another account of your own..very important. Best if you have account at home, too!(in Singapore, I mean)

2) Enough money, buy your own house in Singapore. Good investment at least for yourself.

3) Forget about Credit Card (I'm getting rid of mine!) Try Debit Card instead!(the one which Suriyati mentioned)

4) Know the law well!

eeks you hubby might kill me for this!

But you need to be a bit smart jugak kan;)

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday James!!! I think it is belated coz I am so slow at checking friends' blogs :D

I wonder what u bought him, but it must be really nice. Well, give him another surprise then since he already knows what u got him ;)

As for the joint account... well, from my observation of an infamous aunt, my belief is not to have a joint a/c... but it's up to u, what you feel comfortable with and most convenient for you.

Not sure how u can set it up over there, but I got myself Visa Electron which is a debit card. Just have to have money in the a/c... but the cr card i use it to buy my plane tickets so i get instant insurance. I guess there are pros and cons with both... Either way, I spend spend spend. What to do? Shopping malls are not my best friends :D