Friday, December 16, 2005

Its 2006 - Another New Year!

I started packing all the clothes that needed. GC bought me this huge luggage which also consist of 2 other luggage – a medium and small one. She said it’s a going away present from her. I was chuffed, I was touched by her gestures. When I arrived home with the luggage, mak & ayah were taken aback! “Besarnya! Takkan engkau nak bawak semua baju pergi UK?” Ayah asked following a nervous laugh. The thought of me leaving for good was just about to hit him but Mak was as always, cool and collective. “Baguslah bawak beg besar ginik! Macam-macam boleh letak kan? Betul ker GC belikan? Baik nah dia tu eh?”

I started packing my clothes and other stuff that I might needed and that will remind me of home. The space was massive! I could smuggle my niece and nephew into the country with just this one bag!

While packing, I got to thinking. Will I survive there? Will I ever make any friends? What will happen to me? What will I do if me and James argue and I need to talk to someone? Will I cope? Questions after questions kept rolling in my mind. I started to get nervous, panick, sweaty! Is this really what I want? Can I pull this off? I heard stories – not good, all the bad ones. Stories where when a woman leave her country and family to be with her foreign husband, she won’t be allowed to leave or see her family, her life will be destroyed, but what am I talking about? he's not like that! He’s a loving, kind gentle human being. He wouldn’t, can’t do those things, or could he? They say people change after marriage, so will I see a side of him that I never knew existed? Am I just being paranoid? YES I am!

18th January 2003, I arrived! My new home, new life, new country. Exciting things are just awaiting for me! Nervous? For sure! Excited? Oh very! It’s thrilling not knowing what’s going to happen!


And so my new life was about to begin…

And two years on, I’m still here, surviving the cold weather, the new job which I utterly starting to loathe! Got my driving licence, applied for an indefinite Visa to stay here longer (why?), house still there but still not decorated properly, car already battered and bruised by yours truly, James much happier on the new site and apparently I will get a Satellite Navigator for Christmas which were to be a surprise and James not suppose to tell me (which he didn’t) but I guessed it and he didn’t deny it so, when the time comes, I got to act surprise! James's not convinced that I can act surprise but I’ll show him an Oscar winning performance! I’ll show him what a good actress I am!


So, in 2 weeks time, the new year will come and out goes the old year!

New resolution? What resolution? Every year everyone make new resolutions. Some stick to it some don’t. Me on the other hand, I know that if I make new resolutions, it’s likely it will not be resolve! So, next year, just like this year, I will go with the flow.

Another year another new chapter to complete. So many things that I want to do next year but the main thing that without doubt that got to be done is flying back home to Singapore to see my beloved family and be there in time for my friend’s wedding! And also, to try and make MJ and James juniors! Yes, you heard it right! Juniors with an ‘s’. If possible I want 4 but in reality, even with just 1 I am humbly grateful! For that I can’t wait!

I know things will never go to plan, but I’ll pray hard that this will.

Next year, I have decided to join the Halifax Thespians and to get involve with the theatre production - That is if I’m being chosen. I’ve always love the theatre though I’ve never been involve in one, but I know that it’s for me. Maybe yes, maybe no but we’ll see! Wait for this space!

In the year 2006, I’ve got to make sure that I make an effort to meet people and get to know more people and not be a loner. 2 years that I’ve been here, the only friends that I made were virtual friends which is great, no doubt about it but unfortunately, I’m unable to go out with them for dinner or movies or just hang out! Therefore, I must open up to opportunities and look for a new job! Be more assertive and friendlier than I was before!

In 2006, I must read more books be it about Literature, History or Religion – anything to widen my horizon! I must start to use my creativity and learn to draw, knit, create a mosaic, collage work… I must go back to my art skills that I have left behind. I loved to sketch, and so I must start that again… Birthday wish (yes, I am thinking ahead) is for someone to get me a Cannon EOS 305 (I think it’s a 305 or is it a 350? Need to check on that one again!) Camera, coz I want to take up photography!

Also, I must make sure that I am more considerate, tolerable with James and to nag less… Give him more space and stop yakkity yakking when he’s trying to sleep.

So, with all that, I leave you with these questions:

What are your hope and dreams in 2006?
What do you think should change in 2006?
What will be your resolution in 2006 – go on, do share with us all!?
Will I ever meet you in 2006?
What will your new year be like?
What significant things do you hope to happen in 2006?

Go on! Tell me! I really want to know!

Ahhhh Choooo!!!!


6 comments:

Steven said...

Bless you. (The sneeze of course.)

Good times.

Anonymous said...

Interesting take on the past years, Mas! :) I wish you all the best for the coming 2006, and hoping you get to be more creative, as you mentioned. It is very self-fulfilling indeed and also a self-discovery of ones self.

I will write mine in January :) Mine's the same, year in year out - lose weight! *LOL*

Kay said...

Hi there, thanx for dropping by my blog and the bday wish..hopefully what u said will come true..harhar

And the best of luck to you too in the coming new year..ull need it i guess..

p/s..ur clock very similar to mine huh..u want to link up?

Prince Romp said...

2006 resolution? hmm...
Me wanna go to UK for holidays..
maybe can make more juniors there, than here in Spore.
Send a card to Tony who?
must not forget ur LKY here..hee
and wonder if getting a driving licence there is much easier than ur homeland country...
anyway make us proud sista!

SimplyMas said...

Steven: Thanks man! I needed that! Been sneezing the whole day at work today! Ahhh Chooo!

Hartini: Losing those pounds will always be top priority! Thanks girl! Wishing you all the best in the coming new year too! Don't forget our date for next year eh?!!! Chocolates all the way!

Sassy Momma: Same to you too! Why not? Let's link up!

Prince Romp: Is that really you? Hee! Hee! Send a card to that Tony guy - Tony Balir!
I assume it's easier getting a driving licence here but I'm not sure!
Will do! Will do!! Thanks for dropping by!!!

Kay said...

Ive already linked us..thanks sis