Thursday, September 08, 2005

It's The Moment of Truth!

Bright and early - woke up at half seven and my heart was racing...

Today's the big day, the day they will decide whether I'm competent enough to be on the road, by myself!

So, had my cup of coffee ready, read through the Highway Code book - hoping that it will calm my nerves down and make me focus... Heck! That doesn't help at all one bit, so, I decided to just watch the telly. Half 10, my instructor arrived for our last hour drive and also we will be using his car during the test - just going through whatever needed to go through...

Bloody hell! On our last drive, he then decided to teach me parallel parking and kept telling me not to worry coz its unlikely that they will ask me to show them. Uhhhmm, aren't you suppose to show it to me how to parallel park before the exam? Like 3o lessons before?... (On the test, the examiner decided I should show him how to parallel park! OhMiGod!!! Whhhyyyy???)

So, okay, feeling really good, feeling absolutely confident... C'mon! I'm ready! Hit me with your best shot!!!


We arrived at the test centre, and I was nervous! I mean, I could have peed in my pants if I allow it to but, nah, don't think that will impress the examiner now WOULD IT?... Anyway... The examiner was a nice man, a bit of a chatterbox, but that's alright! It kinda calm me down a little....

After a long 40 minutes of testing and probing and shoving and hitting... The test was over... The examiner went through all the details, all my mistakes (it wasn't that many but there were a few) and at last, the verdict.


In a calm manner he says, "Well, Mrs MamiJarum, all I can say is this, you have... passed your test." I was bewildered. I couldn't belived my ears! I mean, I've made all those mistakes and I still pass? ALHAMDULILLAH!!!! I was ecstatic! I was thrilled... I felt like kissing that man, but no, I hold that temptation.... I was absolutely gobsmacked! I can't believe it but I PASSED me test!!! How great is that!!!! Was he in the same car with me? I mean, did he experience all what I experience or was he too busy telling me about how funny the names of the streets are to concentrate on my driving... But heck! Still, I PASSED MY TEST WITH FLYING COLOURS!!!!

So, there you go world! MamiJarum has done it again! She passed her test for the very first time!!! And I am so proud of myself!!!! Wooooo Hoooo!!!


PS: Chocolicious, if you're reading this, I hope that you do well for your test tomorrow! Join me in the First Timer exclusive club!!!!! Hee! Hee! You'll do alright! I'll pray for you!!!!!





THANK YOU GOD!!!

12 comments:

mag.nolia said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Yay!!!!! Let's celebrate!!! :D

Oh my, if you had failed, you should fire that instructor of yours coz parallel parking is the most difficult!! And he should've taught you well in advance. But no need to be angry now, coz who cares, you PASSED!!! YAY! :D Mas will be driving me around in UK, right? heheheheee

Anonymous said...

Congratulations from me toooooooooooooo! I know how that felt! I passed mine on my b-day!:) About parallel parking look at it as a challenge and you know I got mine to be perfect? I was always on time for lectures well sometimes a minute late but I would be more so if I had parked elsewhere. And the nearest parking lot is always taken and one has to do parallel parking. Most of the time I'm lucky to get a slot. But the slot is always so crammy..and that's where I perfected the art of p parking:) hehehe not sure about now though....i'm car-less. Ok so looks like you're on the roll to take us around town, eh?

3 cheers for Mami!

anedra said...

congratulations!!! join the "driver's" club!!!!

SimplyMas said...

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT! I DONNO WHAT I'LL DO WITHOUT IT!! ESP GOES TO ROSE AND HARTINI AND MY PARENTS AND APPLES AND CHOCO... ISKH! As if I'm accepting an award.... Well, thank you all anyway!!!

Choco... Chin up Darling! Next time will be better!!!! :-D

mag.nolia said...

Mas, you're so very welcomed!!!!! :D

So what have u been doing the last few hours? Driving? *hehehehee* Mesti tengah berkobar2 nak drive, kan? :D

For those who failed [esp in Singapore], don't blame it on yourself - blame it on the system. As of recent, it's very very difficult to pass on your 1st and 2nd try. My cousin didn't pass hers until the 5th try! She almost gave up, but didn't. Keep trying!!

Anonymous said...

waaaaaaaaaah so terrer la you mami. U rawk. tats all. *bow*

Anonymous said...

that spastic comment was mine mami, but gosh u know how hard it is to pass in UK? bloody well difficult ok. So U really impressed me.

Kak Teh said...

congratulations - i failed three times and this is an inspiration! but I dont know my left from my right -
So, have a good celebration!

SimplyMas said...

PRINCESS: Try, try and never give up!!!! Just relax and take it easy... You'll be alrite!!!

HARTINI: Yes! I think its all the system fault coz apparently they have quotas to fulfill, or something like that!

SCRUBBER: Aaaahhh! Gosh! Thanks for that! Bit shy now... I think I was just lucky coz the exminer was a chatterbox and he's just super duper cool... I made mistakes, and he blame it on himself - now how weird is that? But, ALhamdulillah, it's rezeki... Thanks girl!!! *bow* back...

KAK TEH: I'm like you, donno my left from right... My hubby still wondering how I could pass my test... He says it's pelik bin ajaib!!! Thanks Kak Teh!!!! 4th time is a charm?

OOD said...

now that leaves me the only person who cant drive in this world.

anyways, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

ye ye yippy yippy yey!

I Feel Good said...

Kak Teh and Mami! Welcome to the "can't tell left or right" club! I've been observed by, ironically Apples Consultant that came to our school to diagnose Teachers and yes to spot teachers who are mildly or somewhat dyslexic and yes I'm one of them! I'm contented because you see..you don't think in a structured manner but holistically..

Then again people like us tend to be misunderstood...not sure with you ladies..

But hey I passed my driving test for $10 bucks in the states heeh and I still find it easier to drive on the left side..really...

SimplyMas said...

I agree with you Apples!!! :-D