Thursday, June 22, 2006

Sakit sini sana...


These past few weeks had been good to me - No nausea no backache no cravings except for the bit of crankiness but that’s just it and other than that, it all seems to be going smoothly, oh and also despite the odd tiredness, just being pure lazy, all seems okay, Alhamdulillah. Well, as they say, this is still the early stage. But there is one thing that I crave for and that’s Nutella. We bought a bottle of it just for me last week but the thing is, when I was reading up the book that the mid-wife gave me, it says that I’m not to have nuts so as to prevent the baby from being allergic to nuts… Now, this might sound silly, but does Nutella comes in the same category? I know they have Hazelnut in it but how much of it, I’m not sure… So, any clue?

For the past three weeks, James has been in Leicester leaving me all alone to fend for myself. It seems that he have to be away for another 2 weeks from the way he told me yesterday. It’s been lonely I tell you and so to occupy myself I read, watch the telly/football, snoring away and just resting…(To the girls, I’m so sorry that I haven’t pick up the phone to ring you girls. I’ve been feeling extremely tired these past few days but still, no excuse! Will make the effort.)

Went to the hospital yesterday with my MIL (as James is still in Leicester) for my US Pelvis Scan as I was suspected to have PCOS before but after telling her that I’m pregnant, she says there’s nothing much that they can see now from the ovaries as it’s all different, so what she’ll do is just scan the womb, the baby, and just see if my ovaries were okay. And so as I looked at the monitor, there it was… our tiny, tiny - the size of a bean – baby, only 7mm and yet you can still see the heart beat beating so fast. MasyaAllah! It was such a joy and it was amazing! It’s so TINY!!!! Yes, yes, I need to calm down, still too early, still too soon, but the feeling was amazing to see such tiny thing in you and seeing the heart beating! What an amazing feeling! You can’t help but feel excited and thrilled especially if this is your first time. It’s a shame that James weren’t there to share the joy with me, but not to worry, InsyaAllah, there will be other times.


I’m 6 weeks and 5 days pregnant and my EDD will be on the 9th Feb. Such accuracy eh?

5 comments:

Ely said...

nice! ur little beanie is snuggling close to mommy. i think in the 8th to 10th week when u can see the baby turning into a baby and see the real heartbeat turn into 3D. thats when the dr says that baby andu are 90% ay okay.

for now, rest well, eat well. if u're lucky, u might not even get nausea if u do...it should come in the 8-9th week.

moody? yes...i fought with husband every weekend w.o fail. everything threw me off the roof and i wasnt nice to everyone at all. but i am better now...maybe cos i have the heavy tummy to worry abt hehehe.

keep me updated!!!

Yara said...

Mas, hopefully you won’t get nausea like my wife for all our 4 kids. In act all the 4 pregnancies were a breeze, Alhamdulillah. About nutella, I am not too sure how it would affect the baby. But when my wife was pregnant with one kid or other, she craved and consumed Coke, durians or red bean dumplings. But Coke was there for all the 4 pregnancies and amazingly none of the baby was affected in any way although we hear people saying how bad it would be and so on. It's ok about the crankiness as your condition gives you the license to behave so..heh..heh. (poor James)
I remember getting all excited each time I saw the images on the scanning monitor from the first right up till the last baby. Hope that James would get his opportunity soon and best is still to come yet i.e. when he gets to see the baby being delivered. I really hope he would be there for the experience of a lifetime. I can still recall all my 4 occasions.

Kak Teh said...

mas, this is such a wonderful period! enjoy it. By the way. 8th July is Malaysia Day in Bracknell. Loads to eat as well!

SimplyMas said...

Ely: Gosh, gosh!! Agaknya bila I see it, menangis-nangis agaknya - ialah macam touching gituk kan? Hee hee! Hmmm.. seems like I've been feeling a bit nauseated now and again... Bau something yang tak elok jer rasa macam nak muntah gituk... Will keep u updated dearie!!!

Yaslam: Wah!!! Minum Coke lagi!!! And durians? Gosh, I'm glad that they don't sell here that often, coz if they do sell durians James would rather stay in Leicester than stay in the house with all the durian smells! ;P Well, he better buck up and behave or else he'll get more ketok from me! Hee hee! InsyaAllah, lets hope that he'll be able to experience it in the near future! That's what I'm hoping for. No more outstation!!! Grrrr!

Kak Teh: Yes, yes... Enjoying it to the max!!!! Will you be there? InsyaAllah will try and make it! :D

Anonymous said...

Hello!

I am contacting you because I am working with the authors of a book about blogs, and I'd like to request permission to use a photograph of yours in this book. Please contact me at matt@wefeelfine.org, and I'd be happy to give you more information about the project. Please paste a link to your blog in the subject field. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Matt
matt@wefeelfine.org