Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Yipppy dih doooo dah, yippy dih yay!


This morning, I was called in the office. My mind was racing with questions after questions – what did I do now? Is it bad? Is he going to tell me off? Boss, please don’t spit on my face, but just speak… I don’t really need the shower coz I already had one at home… Okay, that wasn’t nice… but the truth can never be denied – don’t you think? Yes, he’s a spitter spatter when he starts talking… Ewwwwww!!!

So, anyway, there I was, facing Mr BC… “Right, I’m giving you the P45.” Then he start to laugh… Okay, I think he says P45 – but doesn’t that mean I’m fired? Over here, when the employee give you the P45, it means that you’ve been kicked out of the office, vamoos (donno how to spell it so, this will do!)… Get outta here! Get your ass out of this office… But actually, he was just pulling my leg… Ha! Ha! (Not amused laugh)… Damn funny lah you! (NOT!)

Okay, okay! On with the show…

“Good news for you MJ. We’ve decided to give you a Bonus.”

If you are a woman, I could kiss you but since you’re not, all I could do is hug myself smiled gleefully!

“Oh! Thank you so much!” I said as calmly and as a matter of factly as I can.

“We’ve decided to give you £500 bonus but unfortunately it’s taxed. Also, we’ve bought you a present. This one, not taxed at all. You see, since the £500 is taxed, we decided to give you a present as a bonus too which is not taxed!”

“Golly, golly gosh! That’s so generous of you! Ah! You shouldn’t have! Thank you so much!”


“I’ll bring it in on Thursday… And also, I’m sorry to say this but you’ve got to come to work on Thursday and Friday. Strangely, it will be busy and that’s why we really need you to come to work!”

Aaaah! And there it is… There’s always a catch isn’t there?

Oh well! At least I’m able to bring the holiday days forward to next year… More holidays for me then!

Bought some well wishes cards for family and friends back in Singapore, so will send it to them tomorrow…

On top of that, my friend text me today and asked us if we would like to watch Miss Saigon in Manchester on the 7th January which without hesitation I accept the invite!

We were supposed to watch it last year for my birthday, but we missed it so this time, definitely will go for the show!

And on top of all that, that, that - naturally, I am and will watch TAKE THAT live in Manchester Arena in March (or is it May?) – now why would I want to miss that?

All I need to do now is find people to go with me! Any takers?

11 comments:

Prince Romp said...

Did u say Manchester? Oh gosh, Im a big fan of Man U.Definitely I want to go if only I got a chance to take a glimpse of Old Tafford!

Surprise to see the link..appreciate it..million thanx!

Kay said...

I would lurve to take dat offer but i'll be stuck here in singapore..no chance at all..hmm

Skater Girl said...

Congratulations on your raised!!

Anonymous said...

congrats mami! tak sangka, nak terima bonus pon leh suspen ini machiam!

haha!

ehhh misaigone...
best tuh.

if only i'm there in manchester...

Ely said...

MJ, how about a gift for me from ur bonus? hehehehe...congrats, u must have deserved it that they couldnt resist giving u the bonus.

Anonymous said...

Waaaah Mami J, bonus 500!! Can send your car for repairs now! :) So you asked for 500 pounds, now u got it! :D

Lucky u! :) Enjoy your holidays! :)

BTW, what was the present?

Anonymous said...

Hey take a trip back home la~! Give us a treat ;)

Kay said...

Hi MJ, just dropping by to wish u a Happy New Year!! Havea great weekend too..taa!!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Mami! Get that computer fixed or better get a new one!

Prince Romp said...

Knock knock...
haloo..anybody home?
Hav been a long time no see no hear..
Anyway...Happy New Year to You MJ.

SimplyMas said...

Prince Romp: I think I have a picture of me & my friend infront of Old Trafford! Will post it soon! And Really sorry for the delay - Computer is giving us a headache but now it's going on fine! Hope you had a good new year!

SassyMomma: I'll be seeing you soon maybe! Hey, we can have a get together in April soon eh? And A Happy NEw Year Dearie!!

Suriyati: Thanks gurl!

Ely: Yes! It's about time that I get a bonus from them - hee! hee! Thanks!

Hartini: Nah! Use the money for shopping!!!! Car repair can wait. Not that bad actually!

Apples: Soon baby! Soon! April maybe???? HAPPY NEW YEAR DARLING!

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!!!