Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Ooops I did it Again (Badly!)

And so it happened yet again. I injured my car for the second time in 3 months since I received that driving licence (yes, that!) and this time, it’s on the left side of the car just above the tyres/rims… whatever you call it… Dent and horrible scratch… Meaow!

First it was on the right now it’s the left - Heck! It’s even now isn’t it? How careless can I be? I knocked the bricks off the wall… That was the second time that the bricks was knocked off from it’s place. First, it was James who did it with his Peugeot and now, me… Mind you, the brick wall aren’t ours but the neighbour, so it seems we have to do some damage control… Oh and the neighbour came over our place last night and me being blur I just smiled and let him went on with what he wanted to say…


I have to admit it’s my fault… Totally my fault! Normally I parked the car closer to the right hand side giving ample space on the left but this time, since James parked it aligned in the middle, I didn’t realised how tight it was! The driveway is really very tight (for me that is) and so for the car to get in and out, you’ve got to be extremely careful and look both mirrors… It’s like you’ve got to move your head fast to the left and right so that you don’t hit anything but obviously I weren’t looking where I was going or where the car is heading, was I? This happened just as we were about to set off to work… It was a cold horrible Monday morning & we both were feeling that Monday blues and both not feeling too good and now this happened! What a nightmare!

I did look on my left side mirror (I think) and thinking that the coast was clear I reversed the car slowly, looking mostly right then left and that’s when I heard the sound that I dreaded to hear… the crunching sound – kkkrrreeeeeegghhhkkkkkk (however you want it to crunch!). It doesn’t sound good – DUH! You think?. I stopped the car immediately and at that moment was in a panic stage… I could see James standing at the sidewalk, looking utterly unimpressed! Shocked! Annoyed! Bemuzed! Horrific look all over his face!


Nothing major, just a scratch – ugly scratch… scratch that will cost money to repair that’s for sure but I was wrong! Seems like I dented the panels and it need a whole new work… this will cost about £400-£500… That’s it! No more luxury for me! Need to save me money to pay for this! Sigh! What a nightmare!!!! James says I can't go to R's wedding if we gotta pay for the repair!!! Noooooooo!!!

Seriously, I am not a bad driver! I drive well, only sometimes I have my moments but I am not a bad driver at all! The only problem for me is parking the car in the driveway (or anywhere for that matters) which always makes me nervous knowing/seeing how tight the space are… but trust me, I am not a bad driver! You will be safe with me driving the Vauxhall Corsa.

Besides that incident, the weekend was average.

Sat at home, do some cleaning, wash the clothes, watch some DVDs, wrap all the presents for the in-laws, went to the supermarket and did our weekly shopping and on Sunday, we went to the Pub Quiz to win some prize! Hee! Hee! We we got home from the Pub, felt like we were the one smoking 100 sticks coz damn do we stink from all that smoke! It was awful and disgusting! Prize now has increased to £201! The lot of us are itching to get that pot of money!!!

On a lighter note, I made a present by hand for my mum & dad in-laws? Will put the pictures once James sort out the computer at home!

What I want for Christmas is for someone to give me £500!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dearie, please be extra careful!! Sure don't want you and others to get hurt. And the car too. Gee, 500 pounds is a lot just for repairs!! Lets hope Santa will send u a cheque :)

Yup, pls do update with a pic of the handmade present you made for your in-laws :)

SimplyMas said...

It does break my heart when the guy told me! I was like - WHAT? JeeWeez! This put me off parking! Hee! Hee! Ain't cheap here when you talk about repair cars!!!! Soon! Soon!

madnessinvain said...

1 pound = RM7

500 pound - RM3500.

Can pinang anak dara tu.

Hhehehhe. How are u Mami?