Tuesday, September 20, 2005

You Were Saying Darling?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We went to this nice quiet Traditional English Pub - Bottomley was what it’s called… The Pub wasn’t far from where we live but since we never been there, we thought to give it a try. It was my birthday dinner with hubby… Very pleasant looking, very cosy – the place that is… The staffs were incredibly friendly and every wish of ours is their command! The food was excellent, the ambience was superb and most importantly the company was exceptional!

We talked, we laughed, we complained… contemplating on whether to have the desert but in the end decided not to coz we were too full up! We kinda stuff ourselves with starters and main courses... No room left for desert!

We were talking about mundane general stuff whilst enjoying our food when he mentioned about babies… Almost choked on my King Prawns there… Hold up a minute! Just let me collect myself!

Woo Hoo!! This is marvellous! At last he’s getting his head round to it and he wants to have a baby sooner than I thought! Oh, I am over the moon!!! I feel like doing my flips and my somersoult and just scream out loud to all the people in the pub! I am so lucky!!!

Stoooppppppp!!! Hold on a minute! Wooowww there Horsey!!! Sorry, say that once more?

“You know how you said that you wanted to continue your studies? Well, at the same time, you also want a baby… So darling… don’t take this the wrong way but…”

Nooooooooooo!!! Don’t ruin this for me, pleaaaaseee!!!Don’t do this to me!!!!

“… but, you see darling dearest, it’s either one or the other not both at the same time. It’s like, you have study on one hand and baby on the other and too many balls to juggle - will be impracticable…Not only will it be strenuous for you but financially it will drain us out… See what I’m getting at darling? I love you! I’m not trying to be wicked or nothing but you do want to have a baby don’t you?”

Balls? What Balls? Who is talking about balls???? Well, don’t you put it that way you! How could you make me choose like this?!!!

Krrannnnnnnnnnnnggg!!! The glasses are broken into tiny bits pieces…

Why are you doing this to me? Why crush my dream? You spiteful person you! Cruel! Very vicious! On my Birthday you obliterate my dream and broke my heart into tiny winy incy mincy pieces… Why oh why? So, are you saying that I’m incapable of doing two things at one time? Aren’t you forgetting that I am a woman, and we can multi-task? We know how to do it and have been doing it for generations! So what makes you think that I am incapable of multi-tasking eh? What? What?

Okay, a little bit of melodramatic there… But I suppose what he said is somewhat true eventhough it's very Scandalous, Appalling, I’m shocked through my bones!

Despite all that I’ve got to bow my head down and reach an agreement with him…


Yes Master Yoda!

But IT does make sense, doesn’t it?

I know he meant well… He’s not trying to suppress my dreams or put me down coz he’s not, but he’s just being level-headed, practical, sensible, matter-of-fact, realistic, pragmatic, no-nonsense – know where I’m getting at? I mean, we did come to an understanding that once we have our baby, I will discontinue working and be a full time mum/mummy/mother/mak… we will come to a decision where I will work part time but that we will decide later on in the near future…but for the first 3 or 4 years of our child growing up, we rather me care for the child than give it to someone to do it for us and for that to happen, we’ve got to be financially sound.

Hopefully next year will be a good year for us… He’ll get his licence back, he’ll be working with his dad and us having a child…

Well, I guess at the moment, I’ll just learn take up languages course then - Spanish, French, Arab, Japanese, Chinese, Hindi, Italiano… These will do at the moment…
I don’t wanna stop, I know it’s the right thing to do…

3 comments:

madnessinvain said...

Returning you a visit. Hmm.. one day, im sure the time will come. Cheers.

Anonymous said...

What's that?? Unwanted hair?!?! *points above* hahahaa!

Girl, so what will it be...? I guess you can do both, but it'll be very tough. I guess the degree can come later, or u can do part-time for a year or two. The bad news is, the baby is going to stick around for 18 years or longer :( oh am I scaring u yet??? :O

The dinner sounded like a good one!!! :D Got pix?

Anonymous said...

Darling Mas,

You know I'm the First In Line to be your baby's godma right ? Gives me more excuse to travel up to UK to visit you and James and baby in future eh ?

Loads of Love .. R