Saturday, September 24, 2005

I need Time out... Or Do I now?

It does feel really superb to be able to drive. You can just set off wherever you want and whenever you feel like it as long as you know the route and won’t get lost and stranded in the middle of nowhere! The freedom is there but I still need to gain knowledge of the road here in West Yorkshire. Still have to learn the way to Leeds Showcase, to Ikea, Borders, to the Trafford Centre, White Rose without the hubby’s rally round … Well, I’ll get there somehow! I’m a slow learner but I’ll get there!

I ran through the red light this morning without even realising it… It was my fault no doubt about it and I do regret for not paying attention when on the road… So, whoever is driving on the Halifax road, just watch out for a Lime Green Vauxhall Cors alrite? Danger is lurking when you see that car, my car, with pink cover steering wheel.. .Don’t ask! It’s tacky I know but it’s pink and fluffy and just looks darn cute! No, I’m not THAT girlish, but I do love pink! Hubby bought me a Creative Zen Micro MP3 Player for my Birthday and guess what colour it is? Yep! PINK ladies and gentlemen!

Another one on Friday - I almost, I mean, just very nearly (heck, I did a good emergency brake though!) hit the car in front of me (which by the way didn’t signal sooner than he should of his intention to turn left) as I was mesmerized by this vision of this really good looking lad…

I know! I know! I shouldn’t but I did! I mean, he was absolutely gorgeous! No, not gorgeous but fine-looking, very fit and a look alike of Brad Pitt. No! I’m not kidding… It makes me turn my head to look at him and just about hit the car in front at the same bloody time! Now, which woman in the mind wouldn’t get awe struck by that view eh?

So, that was my split second near death experience… Well, you think I’m melodramatic but it was really scary you know!

And speed… don’t talk to me about speed! I try to keep under control, I did… When it says 30MPH, I tried so intensely to do 30 MPH but it continuously goes to 35MPH (I donno why! Something wrong with the speedometer that’s for sure! It wasn’t me!) and 40MPH? I’m sorry but I did 45/50MPH! It’s the speedometer y’all! I donno what happen! My feet just slip? But I love the National speed limit on the Motorway, on the dual Carriageway or even Single Carriageway… 60MPH! Shall we go 70 or 75? But no, I’ve never tried over than 70 to 75MPH. Not yet… Don’t dare to do it yet AT THE MOMENT…

Heck! It’s all hubby’s fault coz he’s a speed buff if you can call it that! Been in the car with him too long and I pick up his bad habits too quickly, too foolishly… But he’s been driving for more than 8 years and me? Can’t compare can I? I know it’s only been 2 weeks but it’s so out of the question!

Gotta get my head together! I’ve got to behave myself coz I only have 6 points to maintain within the next 2 years… No ticket, no speeding – just follow the bloody rules girl! I will! I will! But why is it so darn hard?

Well, y’all just watch out for the Lime Green Vauxhall Corsa when you drive around Halifax or West Yorkshire! I’ll be driving into Leeds tomorrow okay? So, I give you a head start and the rest is up to you! You decide!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The Pink MP3 From Hubby...



Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Red Roses From Parents In Law. Still haven't decide on what to get me for my birthday... What abt a blank cheque?


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Chocolate and Card from parent's in law

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Candles Set from My Bosses... Aww... so kind... What about that bonus?

Note: These are some of the gifts that I get from Friends and Family... From Singapore... it's on its way...

9 comments:

Skater Girl said...

I tell ya girl, I do the same thing as you are on the road.. on highway, I normally drive at 75 mph if not I won't reach home.. ;)and whenever it says 35 mph.. I always drive 45 mph.. well, everybody is driving way too fast than I am.. even the state trooper does it too..

The gifts are wonderful dear.. but I prefer cash instead of the candles.. ;)

madnessinvain said...

Hey that is not right, you law breaker. Heh.

signed,
mIv The Speed Buff & Traffic Lights Jumper etc etc.

SimplyMas said...

Suriyati: It's awful isn't it? When we do abide to the rules, the car behind us starts to tailgate us nudging us to go faster! Then you're compelled to drive faster! We can't win can we?

Yah! I prefer cash too! X'mas bonus I hope!

Madness: Sometimes, we have to break the law... That's just human nature isn't it? Hee! Hee!

Princess: Me? Mour? 27 years of age!!! Thanks for the wishes!!!

Anonymous said...

Great gifts you got there, Mami! I love those flowers. Got my mom sunflowers this year that week!

Hope you have a safe and good week ahead ya!

hugs*

SimplyMas said...

Apple! You won't believe how I missed you!!! Strange but true! Glad to know that you're alright! Belum tidur lagi ker???? Cikgu besok tak sekolah ker??? Take care you and do e-mail me whenever you feel free okay???? Take care darling! *hugs* *kiss on cheek*

Anonymous said...

Macam mana nak tido...kerja belum habis..:) tolong mark boleh?hahahh..thanks hun, miss you too! hugs*

SimplyMas said...

Nour! Send me all those that need to be mark and I will do it for you with eyes closed!!! No problem punyo!!! Do have enough rest okay??!!! Take care! *Hugs*

Anonymous said...

I love your Zen!! :D Bet you have tons of files in there by now and have your ears stuffed on the way to work and back ;)

I'm usually a careful driver - have to be here, if not, points off. My mom says I drive slow...!! I dunno if she's right. But I get all nervous whenever the car behind honks at intersections.

SimplyMas said...

Hartini! I love my Zen too! Right now, we have about 300 songs in that tiny Zen... 2,200 songs more to download! Fully loaded!!!

Trying hard to drive extremely careful! I'm too fast... 30MPH is irritatingly slow!!!! But that's the speed limit isn't it???