Wednesday, August 31, 2005

It's Never too Late till You Hear the Fat Lady Sings...

I’m a big believer in fate… I always say, “If you’re meant to be together, you’re meant to be together, no matter how long or how far it will take you! Allah’s knows best and only He knows with whom you will be spending your life with. Just have faith!” So, I guess this is her fate... with him...

She loves him, and if she loves him and she’s happy being with him, then who am I to tell her otherwise? As a friend, I want her to be happy and if she's contented spending her life with him and if he can bring contentment in her life, then I am pleased and glad for her! I will pray for her happiness!

Sometimes I wished that we are able to see it when we're in love – see what type of person he/she truly is before we get ourselves in matrimony, but I presume that when you’re in love, it somehow blinded you - all seems to be well and dandy... All the nasty things that he/she did, you somehow sweep it under the carpet, hoping that it will be forgotten and that it will go away or you just don’t let it bother you. But by some means, others were able to catch sight of their true colours (Others as in friends, relatives, colleageus etc) and when truth being told, it’s forever difficult for us to acknowledge it or to comprehend why they are telling you lies. Out of spite? Out of jealousy?

I don’t deny that it didn’t happen to me. My love life ain’t that perfect – breakups, makeups, that’s part and parcel of falling in love isn’t it? I mean, I did fell in love with a guy whom my sister, or friends dislike, andmy respond will be, “Well, you don’t know him so butt off! I love him and he loves me.” And until one day something bad happened, then you go, “Sigh, why didn’t I listen to them?”

I surmise every now and then, for some of us it might take longer than we anticipated to apprehend what sort of person he/she really is… It’s never easy to find the right person to spend the rest of our life with & At times we might think that he could be the one for you, but then the unthinkable happen… an argument set in, you screamed and shouted at each other, said things that you both didn’t mean – and all you know, you broke up, divorce, seperated... and all that…

Then again, how can we tell the good from the bad? There’s absolutely no way that we are able to tell them apart (unless we've got some magic powers or psychic or something)… Either we’ve got to live and learn with it, or just move along and find the next best thing.

I hope that whatever decisions people make will somehow make them become a stronger and better person - change for the better they say.

Making decision is never an easy thing to do, but when you think about, life is all about making decisions ain't it? We've got to do it whether we like it or not (do we have a choice?) – heck, who else will make the option for you but yourself?!. Your future is at stake, so think carefully of your verdict… Whatever we decide, never regret with the choice that we make no matter how bad or how foolish it may seems… Learn from it and move on… It’s never the end of the world if we make the wrong decision, just make sure that we don’t repeat the same mistake again. Live and Learn... Right?

Easier said than done but we still got to do it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

makasih ya mbak atas comment-nya:)
Kucingnya lucuuuuuu banged, mau donk:D

mag.nolia said...

You're right Mas. Besides fate, the Almighty presents us opportunities... choices. We make the decision. Take it and walk down lane X, or leave it and walk down lane Y. Our decision takes us to the already written destiny.

And like most people, I too went thru thru quite a lot - relationship-wise. I still am. I'm not married yet, remember. Who knows what else is ahead of me! I've seen a lot of their true colours. Mine as well. This journey is quite interesting actually. Happiness and heartbreaks. The more I go thru, the more I learn about myself and how to deal with people... I get stronger, learn my mistakes and know that regretting is a waste of energy and emotion.

So eventhough I've wasted time going from relationship to relationship, I always believe that everything happens for a reason. Only when we get to our destiny, we'll learn what it is.