Friday, August 19, 2005

1948


Me, Mak (Middle), Bibik & The Niece & Nephew @ the Zoo!!!

Look at my phone, 6.30am... Time to wake myself up... Gotta drag myself out of bed but don want to... Why! Why must I go to work? Can't I just stay in... just lay in this very, very comfortable bed of mine, covering myself with the nice cool duvet, with my oh so comfy pillow… dreaming away, put out of my mind that I’ve got a job to go to… Trying so hard to keep myself awake but… just give me 10 more minutes and I’ll be up… Just 10 more minutes….
Krrroooooooohhhhh….

23rd August is coming soon and I won’t be there to celebrate this great day with the one I love… I have to miss it again…
The most important day for my love and yet, I can’t be there… I’m just sadden by the thought of not being there, not being able to see that face, smiling gaily, looking as elegant as ever…
How my love have complete my life…
From the minute that I was born and now an adult, never can I forget all the sacrifices that my love have to go through… been through thick and thin and still stronger as ever… Failing not to give me all the support I ever needed in my years of living in this world.
Giving me the love – the unconditional love… A superb and top class individual…

There were times that I have disappointed you, made you cry - which I hated myself for doing that to you… There were times when I never listen to you, I was too head-strong, I was too proud to admit my mistakes, always want to have the last words…
But back then, I was only a teenager… I was rude, I was a teenager, I was a rebel… and I hated myself for being the way I was… I was ashamed and outraged at myself for my behaviour…
But back then… I was a teenager and don’t know better…

Now, as an adult and reflecting back those years, I realize how patient you are, how forgiving you are, how much crap you have to put up with, especially from me…
But you still love me no matter…

You are and always will be a remarkable woman…

My mother who has always been there for me no matter… The unconditional love that she give me… an amazing woman and how I miss her dearly… Our telephone conversation…. I would hate to miss it. I would hate not able to hear that voice… that sweet and spirited hello and between our conversations, slyly she will ask when I’ll be pregnant… We will laugh and just leave it as it was…

A remarkable woman with a kind heart, kind soul, caring spirit, generous… Above all, she has brought up two wonderful girls that love her tremendously and don’t know what we’ll do without all her support when in need, all the wise advice and all the love that she’s given us… We will be lost without you mak coz you’re the strongest one in the family…

Thank you Mak for all that you’ve done for us… You have been an incredible mother and nothing compares to you… No words can describe how lucky we are to have you in our life but all we can say to you is that
WE LOVE YOU

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAK…

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww...that's so sweet Mas...I believe your mom is a superb woman. Just look at you! Thank Him for having such a great mom. Not many of us have such blessings to have understanding and supportive mothers but then again we have only 1 mom in our lives...they are still our mothers...

SimplyMas said...

Yap! You're Right! We only have 1 mother in our lives and must cherish them no matter... Aww! Thanks Nur! So, bila kita nak bual-bual lagi??????

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to your mom from me!! :) I'm sure you miss her. But I guess the distance will make you love her even more and mold yourself to be the perfect woman just like your mom. Hope you get to be with her soon!!

SimplyMas said...

Thanks Hartini! Will let her know! Gosh! I miss her tremendously, my dad also lah! Insya-Allah! Hope I get to see her soon too! Distance makes the heart grow fonder! Chewah!

Anonymous said...

23rd august? 1948? wow! 31 years later, i was born, wahahha, what the coincidence :D