Friday, May 05, 2006

First, its The Flight Journey

Looked out the window and beautiful clouds forming it’s own shapes and sizes - pure bliss.

“What would you like to drink miss?” I was startled by the voice…

“Orange juice please, thank you.” I looked over and saw James sound asleep so I told the steward that he’s fine with drinks at the moment. Just can’t bear to wake him up…

Seats weren’t as comfortable as we hoped for as we felt that we’ve all been crammed together like sardines in a tin. It was a very uncomfortable trip back home from the UK to Singapore and I could see the frustration on James face when he woke up.

I must say that Flying with KLM was the worse experience ever and to whoever wants to fly back to either Singapore or Malaysia with KLM economy class, I suggest you change your mind and choose other airlines.

It was the most uncomfortable return trip with KLM ever! Seats were just too close and you just don’t have enough leg room and I pity those who have long pair of legs coz I bet they have to suffer the most. The bus seats in Singapore were more comfortable than the KLM flight seats. Not to mention that the food were just pure awful and don’t get me started with the Air Hostess… All you see from them were the sour prunes on their faces – where’s the smile? Long gone I presume!

So, all in all, flight trip to and fro was just pure atrocious and never again will we fly with KLM even if they’re cheaper than other airlines… And did I mention too that you don’t get your own telly screen at the back of your chair? Now that’s disappointing as to watch a movie in KLM you have to lift your head up to the angle of the telly to watch it and in the end you’ll get a stiff neck… I mean, Emirates or Malaysia Airlines or Singapore Airlines, you have your own telly and control and you have your own choice of watching movies at your own pace, or just listening to music or better still play those games when everyone were fast asleep… Long flight like this, you need those!

Okay, so now you know the frustration we had with KLM and that’s why we don’t recommend you flying with them unless you really don’t have a choice and you just don’t mind all those mentioned…

Just let me remind you that with long hours flight like that (12 hours +-) and the money that you pay for a return flight, you expect something decent but unless you’re travelling business class, then, I say no more!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to have met u!!!! :D Had a great time with you, James and the rest of the gang.

I dunno abt KLM, but I understand it's the partner of NorthWest, which is another ATROCIOUS airline. Maybe that's why they group up coz the premium airlines don't want them. Hehe. Avoid the American brand airlines at all costs [with the exception of Continental]! I cannot agree with u more @ Malaysia Air. It's the BEST - service, food and in-flight entertainment! I can't say the same about SIA - flew with them several times and wasn't impressed.

Kay said...

Poor Mas & James...at least u get to share with others firsthand of the bad exp so that we can avoid KLM flight in future...

So far I like flying with Air NewZealand...abt SQ, the stewardess are only friendly to foreigners...to locals they put on their sagging and sour plum face...

Yara said...

I agree with Hartini. Happy to have met you and James in S'pore.
I have always known about KLM's bad reputation. About SIA, I cannot comment much as they are my employers but so far, I have not had any bad experience travelling on their flights.