Monday, February 20, 2006

Valentine's Funfair

Last Saturday, we drove up to Leeds to the Valentines Funfair. The place was swarmed with teenagers but also families, couples… Mike and May were with us. It was extremely freezing but we had a terrific time… I almost lose one of my contact lens since the weather was so dry, my contact lens decided to just pop out from my left eye. Well, it didn’t literally popped out by itself but when I blink my eyes, it just dropped. Lucky for me James noticed where it landed and picked it up before any of us stepped on it … I didn’t bring any solution with me, so with no choice I gotta use my saliva to wet it. Disgusting I know but it got to be done… I pop it back in and was able to see clearly again… Phew! What a relieved! How were we to get home if I can’t see since I’m the one who’s driving? But all was okay… I could see, I could see!!! Not a pirate no more!

So, after that mini eposide, we proceed to our next ride which was the House of Fear… All I can say that it was a waste of £4.00 for the both of us coz it was the lamest ride I’ve ever been on and we both were not even frightened – James wasn’t bothered going on the ride but since I insisted, he just went along with it.

We rode on few other rides and I must say after all that, it made me so dizzy that I felt like vomiting… but thank God that didn’t happen. The place were bustling with people screaming at the top of their lungs, and babies crying, children talking loud with excitement and despite the cold, everyone seems to be enjoying themselves! We tried to win some prizes on the games but only managed to get ourselves a small teddy bear from throwing the darts which was fine by us… Don’t want more teddy bear coz we have enough of them at home…


I think we were there for just about 45 minutes coz there’s not many rides that May wanna ride on and that most of the rides consists of spinning around and around and around… Which will make you dizzy for sure! We got on the Ferris Wheel – that’s very romantic and we could see everything from up there… It was awesome!

By nine, we decided to head off home as we were all freezing like mad and felt like our noses were just about to drop off and we’re all not bothered with the rides anymore…

Had a fantastic time and will do it again soon!

1 comment:

bunkerangs said...

ni lah yang best nyer if you are still a couple..meaning sans kids...heheh free and easy gitukan :) tak cam i..berdedai dedai if we want to go anywhere..hahah