Saturday, October 08, 2005

Cold, Cold, Cold...

Summer has turned up and depart and now Autumn is staying for the next two months. It wasn’t much of a summer I must say but can’t complain much eh? As I look out the window, clouds were turning grey, rain will fall any time soon… Almost 11am and its time for us to hit the road.

First time in my life, I’ve signed up for Yoga. Last Thursday, me and my pal decided to give Yoga a try. How was it? Well, let me tell you that it’s all about the bending and stretching and paying lots of attention to what the instructor is trying to tell you… She’s gorgeous, and very bendy but what with the peaceful, relaxing, twinkling music at the background playing a wee bit loud, can’t really hear her directions clearly & End up me and my girl looking at each other and mouthing, “What we suppose to be doing?” or “Are we doing this right?” or “Huh?”

It was painful! Excruciating torture; but I feel that it’s worth it… Must think of the end results… What’s the end result from Yoga?

One thing for sure that she didn’t do is welcoming us, introducing herself and also she fail to let us know what it’s all about… So, despite all that…

And she says, “Right, now lets slowly bend your knees and slide forward slowly with your chin on the ground. Now slowly lift your head and your legs up… slowly… take your time and just stay in that position for 1 minute before you slowly release it and go back to the position... and do it again, don’t forget to breathe…”

That wasn’t bad at all, until she told us to balance ourselves with just one leg while we hold the other foot from behind and stretch those muscles as far as we can go… Aaaaarrgghh… That hurts but… niceeeee…

Definitely will do the Yoga again after holiday…

Yes, I know… You must be saying, why are you going holiday at this time of the month? Believe me, it slip our mind… Booked this holiday like months back and totally slip our mind… Sigh… Can’t cancel it coz got to pay penalty fee or something like that which is an extortion…

My back is aching now… Not sure if it’s from the Yoga or from the fact that yesterday, I’ve got to carry about 50 GCLs that weigh about 5 kg each & 10 GCLs that weigh about 7 kg into this wooden box for them to lift it up to the cutting area… this is what you get when you work in a small company comprise of only 4 people (2 Boss, 1 Lab operator and me – Admin.Project Manager, cleaner, coolie). We’ve got to do everything ourselves… We’ve got to do EVERYTHING full stop!

Tired now! Feeling the pain now… Must go and rest…

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take care of your back, hun! Good to hear you're taking up Yoga:) I took up once but didn't fancy it as much as Pilates:)Sure was tiring! Did your instructor verbalized some indian words when she instructed you to bend? Mine went "Citarongga" Each time she said that my friend and I couldn't stop giggling!"But now no time to go to the gym, la..Had massage a day before Ramadhan..now that was something! Going again next week for mandi. Have a happy and safe trip for your hols, ya. Miss fall...love that season!

madnessinvain said...

I can do pilates nor yoga here around my office. But too much hot chics la. I don't want to get distracted. So, no enrolment. Heh, alasan.

SimplyMas said...

Nour: My instructor didn't verbalized any indian words... well, on the other hand, we at the back can't really hear her that clearly so we've got to try our best to listen closely! Sure was tiring but felt really great! I miss the INdonesian/Malay massage! They were the best!!! Thanks girl!

MIV: Trust you to give that excuses!! Hee! Hee! Well, loads of bending that's for sure! Very distracting, yes, true!!!

Anonymous said...

The only time I picked up Yoga was years back, via a book. It really wasn't fun at all. Tried Pilates for Dummies and something Windsor Pilates for Abs [both on video]. Was not easy either!! Found myself sweating after 20 mins. I like cardio, like taebo and boxing. Maybe coz they let my anger and frustrations out *hehehee*

Anyway, hope u have a good holiday! And oh, everytime I hear 'Indo massage', my body's memories of the pain jump back! No more for me!! I was in pain for a week...!! Like a truck hit me! :D